Saturday, January 02, 2010

it comes and goes, another year passes


it's the beginning of another year. i can't believe how fast time seems to be going. each year it seems to go by faster. as i look back at the past year i am so thankful for all the blessings that God has given me and the ways that He continues to provide. i don't deserve any of it but yet He continues to be gracious and merciful. i also look back on the year and realize that i have fallen so short of what i desire to be and do. i want to be so much more than what i am and to give so much more than i do. i desire to be the wife, friend, daughter (and hopefully soon mother) that God wants me to be. the wife that jason deserves. but i seem to always fall short. so as the new year starts i hope to continue to grow into the woman of God that i so long to be. i want to serve Him wholeheartedly and seek Him above all else. i want to be the wife that jason needs. i want to be a helpmate and an example to other women i meet. i want to be a good friend and someone that people can go to for prayer and just to talk. i desire the be a woman after God's own heart. this is my prayer and "resolution"as i start the new year.

*photo by my amazing husband*

1 comment:

rachel.lyn said...

kelli-
you will absolutely be a wonderful mother and I know you are already a wonderful friend (and wife!). I am so thankful for your presence in my life. I truly believe God brought you along at just the right moment in my life and I hope as this year gets started we can continue to be there to encourage & love on one another.

love you!